Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cleanse Day 3, 4, and 5

I'm handling the coffee withdraws much better. Mainly because I'm not anymore. I started allowing myself a cup and a half of coffee (my coffee mugs are big ass 2 cuppers) and a half a cup of almond milk. After that it's just tea. It's helped me feel a lot better. 

Finding foods to eat is even kind of fun. I don't want to get burnt out so I find that sometimes I'm making meals of the most random things. I do however have a huge craving for carbohydrates. As in like a big piece of Italian bread, or a muffin, or crackers (and CHEESE, oh cheese how I miss you!) but I have yet to give in. Having an oatmeal in the morning helps me feel better. Surprisingly I have almost no craving for sweets now. Which is fantastic as most of the good Easter candy in the house is depleted. 

Any time I do have a craving I've been able to talk myself out of it. I know that it won't be the last time I'm offered a piece of pizza, I will have more opportunities for cookies in the break room. 

My only hope it that once the cleanse is over I don't go buck wild and have a food feeding frenzy! I do know that I am going to be having a deli sandwich (with cheese and Italian bread!) But I think I can make that work. 

I'm really loving My Fitness Pal. I always go over on my allotted sugar so that is really surprising to me. Especially because basically my only sugar sources are the fresh fruits I have. I can only imagine how badly I did here when I wasn't eating MOSTLY clean. 

Snack time! Dried apple rings, cucumber, and hard boiled egg. 


Balsamic sweet potatoes, natural PB and celery and applesauce


BEST SALAD EVER
spinach, cucumber, tomato, hard boiled egg, grilled chicken and turkey bacon.
I actually don't even miss the cheese!

On to day six!  <3

3 comments: